|If we vote No||If we vote Yes|
Facts vs. Fiction – The Maui County GMO Initiative
Vote YES on Maui GMO Moratorium
- The initiative on GMO only affects Monsanto and Mycogen (Dow)
- Small farmers are PROTECTED by the initiative. (please read the law)
- The Citizens against the GMO Farming Ban was created by the Project Manager of Mycogen on Molokai, Adolf Helm
- Monsanto and Mycogen hide behind these fake organizations
- The organizations are created to confuse YOU
- The organizations can lie and not get in trouble for it
- Monsanto and Mycogen are chemical companies, not farmers.
- GMO’s were created to sell more chemicals
- GMO’s can’t grow without using large amounts of chemicals
- Each year more Chemicals have to be used to keep growing GMOs
- GMO seeds are soaked in chemicals and can’t be touched
- Conventional non-organic farming only uses 8-12 chemicals
- GMO operations use 80 or more
- Those 80 chemicals mix in the fields and create new chemicals
- The EPA says they do not regulate or check on these new chemicals
- Those chemicals don’t just stay in their fields on their crops
- Those chemicals spread into our waters, lands and neighborhoods
- Those chemicals are in the dust and we breathe them
- The State tested and found these Chemicals in ALL our surface waters
- Residents have tested and find them in the tap water in their homes
- Monsanto has sued more than 1200 small farmers for millions of dollars
- They proudly list these law suits on their website
- They list them so their investors feel safe about controlling farming
- Monsanto just paid $93 Million dollars to a town they poisoned (Nitro, WV) with Agent Orange
- Until the judge made them pay, they still lied about the poisoning
- Is this what you want for Maui County?
- Is this what you want Maui to be known for in the World?
- Are you willing to risk your life on their TV Ads and propaganda
- Are you willing to risk your children’s lives on no testing?
- Over 20,000 of us think it’s Best to Test these things
- Are you willing to take a stand for this land and our way of life?
- Over 20,000 of us are and we want you to join us
Choose a sustainable future for everyone
The SHAKA Movement is an advocacy, communications and educational outreach program and hub, where people and organizations come together to work in unison toward sustainable practices to affect a positive change for the environment and for the people of the Hawaiian Islands …Read More
Please watch these videos to quickly understand our current activities.